CVSD New Comprehensive High School
Ridgeline High School groundwork has begun. Laying the groundwork, connecting utilities, and paving the way for the future Home of the Falcons, opening in fall of 2021. Our Mica View home buyers can look forward this state of the art High School in the neighborhood.
CVSD selected the site between Country Vista Drive and Sprague Avenue at the future Henry Lane just west of Henry Road as the site for its third comprehensive high school, Ridgeline. This location will ensure the commitment to a fall 2021 opening and provide better traffic and neighborhood access.
New Site Benefits
- Provides significant cost savings in construction
- Keeps the promise to open the new high school in 2021
- Provides a visible, centralized location with improved traffic and neighborhood access, including good traffic flow on and off Country Vista, separated bus and parent traffic, and 945 parking spaces with parking adjacent to sports fields
- Includes more cost-effective sewer and water access
- Minimizes impact to surrounding neighborhoods
- Includes more space for athletic fields and future growth
Saltese Uplands Conservation Area
A mile south of I-90 and within a 25-minute drive of 600,000 people, this 552 Acre Conservation Area is an example of shrub habitat that has remained relatively intact over the past century. Over 7 miles of trail wind through the property. Explore canyons that embrace year-round springs and climb to ridge tops with spectacular views.
The Saltese Uplands is a great place to view wildlife. White-tailed deer, badger, coyote, and bobcats. There is also a notable concentration of raptors (hawks, eagles, etc.) that use the updrafts created by the topography of the "uplands".
- Wildlife observation
- Nature trails
- Equestrian trails
- Cross-country skiing
- Snow Shoeing